How It Works
How mobile is the mobile library?
How do I check out a book?
- Check the “Book Check Out Information” section for images and a video
- Locate sticker with QR code (either on inside front cover or back of the book)
- Open your cell phone camera and point it at the QR code to scan
- Open the Google Form (docs.google.com) that pops up
- Fill out the Google Form to check out a book, and you’re on your way!
How do I bring a book back?
What if I forget to bring my book back? Do you charge overdue fees?
Fee Philosophy: At BTCML we don’t believe in a punitive approach. We don’t charge late fees (or any fees). We really want you to enjoy the books, find a story that speaks to you, and teaches you something.
Please keep in mind that we run entirely on donations.
We hope to provide youth and adults NEW books that inspire them and are exciting to pick up (we all know that wonderful feeling of holding a new book in our hands; colorful book jacket art, crisp pages, that ‘new book’ smell…) Please consider donating a book to BTCML.
How can I bring the library to my neighborhood?
Will you accept used books?
- Must be written, published, and/or purchased within the last 5-10 years.
- Must be written by an author of color.
- Must be “gently used”, this means: no torn pages, no stains on the pages or front/back book covers, and kindly, no annotations or writing in the book.
- Ask yourself, would I be excited to pick up this book? Would my child, or a child I care for be excited to pick up this book?
What if I want to donate a book from an independent bookstore?
Awesome! Let’s definitely support indie bookstores over corporate giants with questionable morals. You can use the wish list for guidance (or if you have your own title in mind, that works too). Here’s a list of independent bookstores: indiebound.org.
What address should you send your donation to? You can locate the business address of BTCML on the “Donate” section of our website.
Be the Change Mobile Library
20885 Redwood Road #348
Castro Valley CA 94546